35 killed in Israeli action in Rafah, Gaza, 2 Hamas terrorists killed in airstrike

Creative Common

The Israeli military confirmed its attack, saying it struck a Hamas installation and killed two senior Hamas militants. The IDF posted on X that the Hamas chief of staff in Judea and Samaria and an additional senior Hamas official were killed in a precision airstrike in northwestern Rafah.

Palestinian health workers said at least 35 people were killed while several others were injured in Israeli strikes in the southern Gaza city of Rafah. According to officials, several others were trapped in the blazing rubble. According to Gaza’s Health Ministry, most of the dead were women and children, while dozens of others were injured. The attacks came hours after a heavy barrage of rockets fired from Rafah targeted Tel Aviv and central Israel for the first time in several months on Sunday (May 26). The Israeli action also came two days after the International Court of Justice ordered Israel to end its military offensive in Rafah, where more than half of Gaza’s population sought refuge before the Israeli incursion this month.

The Israeli military confirmed the operation

The Israeli military confirmed its attack, saying it struck a Hamas installation and killed two senior Hamas militants. The IDF posted on X that a precision airstrike in northwestern Rafah killed the Hamas chief of staff in Judea and Samaria and an additional senior Hamas official. It said it was investigating reports that civilians were harmed. Defense Minister Yoav Galant was in Rafah on Sunday and was briefed about the deepening of the operation there, his office said.

According to a spokesman for the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, the death toll is likely to rise as search and rescue operations are underway in Rafah’s Tal al-Sultan neighbourhood. The society claimed the location was designated as a “humanitarian zone” by Israel. The neighbourhood is not among the areas the Israeli military ordered to evacuate earlier this month. The airstrikes came hours after Hamas fired rockets from Gaza. There were no reports of casualties in the first long-range rocket attack from Gaza since January. Hamas’ military wing claimed responsibility.

Other News

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top