T20 World Cup will be my last tournament as India’s head coach: Rahul Dravid

Replica Photo

YEARS

Rahul Dravid on Monday confirmed that the T20 World Cup will be his last tournament as the head coach of the Indian team. Dravid’s announcement was not unexpected as it was believed that he was not going to re-apply for the post.

New York. Rahul Dravid confirmed on Monday that the T20 World Cup will be his last tournament as the head coach of the Indian team. Dravid’s announcement was not unexpected as it was believed that he was not going to re-apply for this post. The board had invited applications for this post last month. Talking to the media before India’s first match in the World Cup against Ireland, Dravid said that he has enjoyed every moment of his tenure.

He said, “Every tournament is important. Every match has been important for me as the coach of India. It does not matter to me that this is my last tournament as a coach.” Dravid became the head coach of India after the T20 World Cup in November 2021.

He said, “I love my job. I thoroughly enjoyed coaching the Indian team and it is a special job too. I enjoyed working with the team but with this kind of schedule of cricket and the stage of life I am in right now, I don’t think I will be able to apply again.” He said, “So this is my last tournament but it doesn’t matter to me. Every match is important and matters to me from the first day. There will be no change in this.

Disclaimer: CricketInFocus has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.

Other News

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top